Thursday, August 16, 2012

Not-so-drought-status

Brian and I were driving home on a wednesday evening and we heard a song on the radio talking about how God is faithful through the drought and through the storm. We talked about how we have definitely had our share of storms this year and now we are in a drought. Still jobless, we agreed that we just need to wait on the Lord. The next day, we hear a song talking about waiting on the Lord...Ok, God, we are waiting on you, show us your direction. Fast forward to Sunday, a conversation starts during Sunday School and I get to share with my friends that God is proving faithful through the drought that we are in. Well, another couple days go by and it's wednesday night again. Brian and I are getting encouragement and advice from our passionate God-fearing leader (love our Pastor!). He is asking us how the past 3 weeks had been and what we learned. We explain that God is good and our relationship is worlds better than what it has been. We were proud and happy to tell him that we have been praying every morning and evening together and seeking the Lord's will for our lives. Then we got to explain to him that God was being faithful through the drought that we were in. To that he laughed and replied, "That doesn't sound like a drought to me. That sounds like a fresh, cool spring with waves and a waterfall." That literally stopped me in my tracks. He then went on to explain what a miracle it was that Brian and I were not only together, but thriving in love, and serving the Lord together. It was a complete turn-around from where we were just a couple months ago to now.

We already know that God is in control. We already know that he is going to take care of us. But just because we aren't getting the directions and instructions in what we think is a timely manner, we labeled it a drought. Yes, we still need a job but that doesn't mean everything about our lives is drought-status. But during the 3 times that I explained about this drought it was never followed through with how amazing of a miracle God's love and forgiveness is. God's forgiveness that is unconditional. He stretched out his hand to my husband who was literally drowning in the traps and snares of the world. He softened and healed my broken and tattered heart. He brought us together to not only be able to tolerate each other but find true God-centered, open, honest, trusting, agape love. How precious is this gift of salvation and reconcilation?!

Chris Tomlin says best how I am feeling right now:

It's your kindness Lord
That leads us to repentance
Your favor Lord, is our desire
It's your beauty Lord
That makes us stand in silence
And your love, your love
Is better than life!!!!!!

I'm really looking forward to fellowshiping with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ on Sunday morning and starting a new Bible study on Sunday night. As of today, I think I will just spend some quiet time praising the Lord for my marriage, our beautiful children (Izzy, Vini and Ryot) and just loving the Lord for who He is.

God is Good. God is Great. God is worthy to be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!