Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I am so blessed!

When I was in high school, I couldn't think of anything else but escaping that little town. Getting on my own and living my life with no rules. Now, as I'm planning to visit Oklahoma for my brother's wedding and planning to go to Florida for Christmas, I am so excited. I am so ecstatic about seeing all my friends and family. I'm thinking about all the pictures I want to take and all the conversations I want to have. I'm trying to cram so much in one little trip because I haven't seen these wonderful people in SO long!

I have to admit that I got a little teary-eyed thinking about my family and friends yesterday. I was just thinking about how blessed I am:
-to have this perfect miracle growing inside of me. It's all my dreams come true.
-to have my cute little puppy Emma Lou to keep me occupied so I don't emotionally overload my friends or husband.
-to have my beautiful niece and nephews and to get to hear their voices tell me that they love me on the phone. They are growing up so fast and I feel like I'm missing it all!
-to have my family in Florida who have been sending me all this PINK stuff for the princess. She definitely won't have a shortage of girly things for a while! : )
-to be incredibly blessed to have such an amazing sister who is always there for me when I need her the most. She always has good advice and the truth to give me when I need it. She has always taken care of me and I am truly in debt to her for always being there. I hope I can be as good of a mom as her.
-to have my weekly conversations with my Granny. She is the most beautiful soul I know. Just hearing her voice helps me get through the day! I can't wait to see her.
-to be married to a wonderful man with a beautiful and kind mother in law.

I am truly blessed. 

Brian and I were reminiscing about his proposal last night. Just thinking about the look on his face and how nervous he was. Sharing our story with our friend Gil was almost like reliving it all over again. I could taste the dessert. I could see the sunset on the bay. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach as he got down on one knee. And I can't help but smile and almost tear up every time I think about it. We have had some hard times, of course, but they are so outnumbered by all of the amazing memories and just the day in and day out of our lives. I love him more than he knows, and now we both love our little peanut more than she will ever know. I can't wait to see him love on her and be the great dad that I have seen him be with Izzy and Vini.

We have some rough times ahead, but I know we will make it through.

I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!