Monday, February 28, 2011

cleaning overload!

Tonight at approximately 8pm, we will be picking up our friend Gil from the airport. He is moving to wonderful Las Vegas and will be staying with us for a little bit until he gets his own place. It feels so nice to be able to help someone out when Brian and I have received help from so many people. So thank you to all of you wonderful people who have been able to help Brian and I out at some point! We really appreciate it!

In order to prepare for Gil's transition, we have had to do a lot of rearranging. Previously, our spare bedroom was used as kind of a junk room. I had all the baby's stuff in there, boxes of old pictures, books, my sport bag from high school, picture frames, all my journals, etc. It was a never ending pit of the random stuff that doesn't really have a place to go. So I went through and organized all of it. I threw away all the trash and consolidated boxes. I was having to constantly get up and down off of the floor which is getting increasingly harder to do. I was moving heavy boxes, and on top of my normal weekend "clean the house top to bottom to do list". Then when Brian woke up, we cleaned out the truck. It had a crazy amount of trash. Not gross trash, but wrappers and napkins and all of that stuff that accumulates from regular driving AND driving it from Oklahoma to Nevada. We had a blanket, clothes, Brian's bowling ball, the game Monopoly, an old journal, my old purse, like $11 dollars worth of change, and RANDOM other things. It was like going through a mini episode of hoarders..except it wasn't gross. Oh, and this was both days. We cleaned out the truck on Sunday, but Saturday it was more house cleaning and organizing and loads of laundry. So needless to say I was super busy this weekend. I am exhausted but I feel so accomplished! : )

So after the house was literally scrubbed top to bottom and completely reorganized and the truck cleaned out, I celebrated by going out and buying fresh candles. It was my little treat for myself. : ) So now my house is completely organized and "white-glove" clean for our new guest. It felt good to get rid of all that clutter. I guess it's normal spring cleaning, but I didn't realize how much harder it would be being preggo. Gotta remind myself to take it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!