Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gallbladder Diet

I know I already blogged today...but I have to get this out.

Lately, everything I eat has been hurting my stomach. I went to the doctor for my gallbladder surgery follow up and he said that I had a stomach ulcer. He prescribed me meds and the pain got a little better, but not much. He also said that I am probably not eating the right foods either. He couldn't give me a list of foods not to eat but he could tell me that I was eating wrong...I thought that was weird. Anyways, I did a little research about the diet that I'm supposed to have/not have and to be honest I'm quite devastated.

Here is a list of the things it says I should avoid:
(The first couple items in bold are the ones I'm going to have the MOST trouble with. I mean Seriously? How can I live without chocolate? For those of you who really know me I have stated numerous times that chocolate is God's gift to mankind)

Chocolate
Oranges
Grapefruits
Spicy Foods
Chicken
Red Meats
Coffee
Ice Cream
Pork
Onions
Dairy
Eggs
Turkey
Gluten
Corn
Nuts
Trans Fats
Margarine
Saturated Fats
Fried Foods
Tap Water
Carbonated Water
Black Tea
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Oats
Artificial Sugar
Alcohol (Beer, Wine, Liquer)


My friend Nancy, who is a nurse by the way, said that she has seen patients that have over time been able to eat whatever they want. Maybe this is what will happen to me. Maybe I can start incorporating, little by little, the yummy things like chocolate and oranges back into my diet. Maybe I won't be able to eat them every again. All I know is that I am going to start following this list for the next couple weeks because I am willing to try ANYTHING to get my stomach to stop hurting like this. Plus....no greasy foods or fried foods? I think I can deal with that. And it will help with my weight loss goals. : )


So now I am going to part with my blog to go look up some recipes for my new crazy diet!



1 comment:

  1. Hey my darling lady. Sounds to me like I could help you out with this special diet thing. As it is, I don't eat a lot of those things myself or have figured out substitutions. I'm still happy, satisfied, and get all the nutrition I need. Let me know if you want some recipes or something. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!