Thursday, May 5, 2011

It just clicked...

Ever had that feeling you get when something that you have heard over and over just....clicks? You know, like just smacks you in the face to make you say, "Holy crap, I get it now." Well, today I posted on my facebook the following status:

I can't continue to do the same things and expect different results.

Yesterday, it just clicked for me. I can't even tell you how many times I have heard this phrase, or even told myself this phrase without it ever really clicking for me. I have been going over goals and ideas and things I want to do but I haven't been DOING anything about them. Dr. Phil actually said - and yes, I'm really quoting Dr. Phil haha - "Winners do what losers don't have the commitment or energy to do". Example 1- I look around my house that still has a little unpacking that needs to be done and I tell myself that I'm going to work on it. BUT I don't get up and unpack anything. THEN the next day I am disappointed that it still looks the same. Example 2- I want to strengthen my relationship with God and create a good support system. I was going to a church, but after a few weeks of trying to connect and get to know the people there, it wasn't the place that I needed to be. So instead of trying to go to another church, I just haven't gone. And yet I am disappointed that I don't have a strong group of friends or a "home" church. I strongly desire to have that fellowship and to be surrounded by people who will encourage me. I strongly desire to be involved and help serve God in any way I can. I strongly desire to start my little girl from the very beginning going to church and being introduced to God not only at home, but from the body of Christ as well. BUT I haven't DONE anything about it. So it just clicked....I am a loser. haha I don't REALLY think I'm a loser, but according to Dr. Phil's quote, I am currently a a loser. Well, I WAS a loser. I refuse to be a loser anymore. I will get my house ready. I will visit a new church. I will do all the things that I have wanted. With God's strength, I will not be overcome by stress, lack of energy or any doubts that may crowd my mind.

It just clicked....If I want different results, I have to DO something about it.

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling...sometimes such simple words and simple concepts can take a long time to sink in so that they become ours and we finally "get it"! I've been there many many many times...too many times! Proud of you Kayla! So glad I finally realized you had a blog! <3

    ReplyDelete

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!