Sunday, August 14, 2011

Losing my marbles

I don't have very many memories with my dad but the other day as I was looking for my keys for the 17th time that day I was reminded of a very good one. I used to visit my dad for a week at a time. Sometimes in the summer, sometimes for winter. One morning I woke up early...as usual...and he was up already. He asked me if I wanted to go with him to get breakfast from McDonalds. Adoring anything I got to do with my Dad, I said yes. I remember the whole way there we were laughing and listening to country music, having so much fun. We got to McDonalds, ordered food, paid for the food, and drove away. On the way back we were laughing again, listening to music and talking about anything and everything until it hit me. I interrupted him, "Wait Dad, Where's our food?!" He instantly did a very illegal u-turn, and we headed back to McDonalds to get the food we had ordered and paid for. I remember that was the hardest I had laughed in a long time. We waited through the drive-thru again and when we got back to the window, they had it waiting for us. Yep, definitely a good memory.

Lately I feel the same feeling. When I'm leaving the house I don 't even have the "I'm forgetting something" thought. I leave, drive away, and don't even realize that I have forgotten my wallet or the baby wipes, or whatever else until I am halfway or all the way to my destination. When I was pregnant, I could blame pregnancy brain. And now that I had her, I can say she took some of my brain cells? I don't know. Either way I feel like I'm losing my marbles!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is the baby! I once read this book called the femae braim. Your baby takes a lot from you, including tons of dha, which is the foundation of your brain. Afterall, she is made up of pretty much you. Therefore,your dha reserves are low for about 6 months after you give birth and still have pregnancy brain.

    ReplyDelete

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!