Monday, January 31, 2011

2 out of 7

So last night as I'm almost falling asleep on the couch watching tv, a fond memory popped in my head. 5am gym work outs before a 7am statistics class followed by healthy eating all day, soccer or softball practice, maybe a city league softball game, homework, and bed. This was my schedule at the end of high school. It was crazy busy, very structured, and healthy. I was always on the move and didn't really have time to eat out or be lazy. I miss it so much. I have always been a busy body and frankly, I have too much time on my hands. People tell me to enjoy it while it lasts becasue I won't have time to myself once I have the baby. I know that...believe me I do. I lived in Colorado with my beautiful step kids. I lived in Oklahoma with my sister, niece, brother in law, and dogs. I grew up in a house with 2 older cousins and a younger cousin. We were always doing something with church or music or sports or get together. I loved it. I really miss being busy and having the constant flow of friends. Right now, I go to work and then go home. On the weekends, I have a LOT of alone time. A normal weekend will include cleaning the house, laundry, maybe some shopping by myself, maybe go to the park by myself, church by myself, and then Brian and I might get to hang out a little bit. He is usually gone to one of his friends houses watching football, or playing golf. I like to have alone time every now and then but I am a people person. I need that personal interaction as well.

Now, I'm not trying to lose weight BY ANY MEANS. But I have been thinking about the gym and about what I am eating lately. Yes, I still have my ice cream and Dr. Pepper and all those bad things, but I am thinking more about the gym lately. I am NOT a night person, so I asked Brian if he would go to the gym with me 3 days a week at night. That way, I don't have to do early mornings EVERY day and also so he can go with me. Much to my surprise he said yes! So I was thinking that we would go Mon, Wed and Fri, but when I brought it up again he said how about Tues, Thurs? I told him that that was only 2 days and he smiled. He said that I suggested 3 days a week and he is suggesting only 2. I told him that 3 days out of a 7 day week was not a crazy request. He of course in true Brian Taylor fashion replied, "2 out of 7 is better than 0 out of 7." I had to agree with him there and so will now only have a work out buddy 2 days of the week. Oh, its hard to stay frustrated at a smile like his. :) So tonight, I will be going home, changing, and walking over to our gym to walk for maybe an hour or so. I wish I had some form of music to distract me, but it will just be me walking on a treadmill or elliptical and probably reading a book. Brian has to work late, so I would be home alone anyway. Hopefully this will help me sleep a little better tonight and just feel better in general for the little princess.

Well, I must finish my work and head home to my lonely work out. lol Later Gators!

Hugs and Kisses,

Kayla Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!