Saturday, January 15, 2011

Oreo's for breakfast?

No, I have not had oreo's for breakfast, but they sure do sound delicious! I saw on one of my friend's facebooks that he had almost eaten a whole package of oreos and my tummy started rumbling....let me tell you this baby is definitely mine with the sweet tooth it has!!

Well, I can finally stop referring to the baby as it...that's right! We found out we are having a little girl! A precious little princess. We are so excited. We are actually carrying on a tradition in my family. My sister, cousin Jen, cousin Lindsey, mom, aunt, Granny, and Memaw (my great grandma) all had girls as their firstborns! Now we just have to wait on my brother and little cousin Allie to see if the tradition continues!

When I first found out I was prenant, I couldn't believe it! And all I wanted was a healthy baby. I will admit that in the back of my mind I wanted a boy, but ultimately I was ecstatic about being pregnant with a precious little one in the first place! I grew up very much a tomboy. Even to this day my friend laugh at my "unique" sense of style. Or should we say my non-existent sense of style. I dress for comfort, not for fashion. I played year round sports, and I lived in Florida the flipflop capital. While all the cute fashionistas around me are curling their hair and wearing skinny jeans, I can normally be found in a tank top and sweatpants. Comfort- ahhh yesssss even thinking about it now makes me smile. Curled up on the couch reading a book in my most comfortable sweatpants. :) The reason I have digressed into talking about fashion is because I think this is part of the reason I wanted a boy. I'm not going to be able ot give this little girl the best fashion advice. I have gotten practice with my niece and step daughter and other little girls I know. I have picked out really cute outfits, games, etc and fixed my step daughters hair. I think I do an ok job. I guess I'm just being really honest here in explaining that I'm nervouse about having a little girl. I grew up anooyingly tagging along with my brother while his friends played football. I grew up wanting to be exaclty like my brother actually. My hair was cut short and I was ALWAYS outside playing. Now, I do not wish my little girl to have that WRETCHED short hair I had, but I just want her to experience everything she can in life. And if she has my love of sports, I would definitely NOT mind at all. :) Yes, I actually WANT to be a soccer mom- minus the minivan. I can definitely do without the minivan.

There are many things I hope and pray for my child that reaches FAR beyond the realm of sports and fashion....please believe me. I just had to get those worries and thoughts out in the open. haha I hope that she comes to know and love Jesus like I do. I hope she is kind hearted and gentle and loving. I hope and I pray and I know that God has blessed me in so many ways that I can not even begin to understand. I know that He has given me and will continue to provide for me the tools I need to raise this precious miracle. I know that He has given me a support system of friends and family who have children who will be able to listen to my concerns and understand what I'm going through. And I am so thankful. I just need to keep pouring my concerns out to Him and he will continue to give me the peace that surpasses all understanding.

This note is simply my thoughts pouring on to the page with concerns of if I am going to be a good mom...which I'm sure I'm not the ONLY person in the world to ever think that. I didn't exactly have the greatest example from my mom, but I believe that GFod gives me the perfect examples in His word, and has given me an amazing sister who astonishes me everyday with her love and patience towards her kids. If I could be a fraction of the kind of mom my sister is, I know I'm going in the right direction.

 I can't wait to feel her kicks. I can't wait to see her. My heart is overflowing with all of this love for this perfect little being that I haven't even seen yet. Thank you God for this precious gift!

Well, it's time for my rambling to come to an end. This little girl is hungry and is not bashful about letting me know. As Brian golfs today with his dad and other guys, I will be cleaning the house and looking through this HUGE book of baby names. Text me!

Love and kisses!!

Kayla John, little Princess peanut, and pup Emma Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!