Friday, February 11, 2011

ramblings....

I'm gonna stand on a rooftop, climb up a mountaintop
Baby, scream and shout
I wanna sing it on the radio, show it on a video
Baby, leave no doubt
I want the whole world to know just what I'm all about
I love to love you out loud

I love Brian Taylor!
On Monday it will not only be Valentines Day, but also 1 year and 5 months that I have been married to this wonderful man! I look at this picture and just melt. I love his everything about him and am so blessed to have him in my life!

And now we are adding to our family! It is so crazy to think that almost a year and a half ago we were just beginning this journey of "us" and in just a couple more months we will be a family of 3! I don't hardly know what to think! We will have a beautiful little girl added to our family. I keep looking at the picture of Izzy and Vini and even pictures of Brian and I as kids and I wonder what she will look like. I have felt her kick and move a little and I just can't wait to hold her in my arms and give her kisses! Brian has been talking to her and rubbing my belly and she kicks more when he is around so I'm taking that as her recognizing his voice. : ) Maybe it's stretching is a little bit, but it's a nice thought. 

Oh, and for an update, I have a doctor's appointment! YAY! For those of you who don't know the situation, I will recap. I have been working for the same company for 1 year now. In October, I technically switched over to our sister company because they offer a more affordable insurance and because I am doing administrative work for them as well. When I was trying to get insurance, they were giving me the run around telling me that I had to be with the company for 90 days before I could qualify for insurance. I explained that we were backdating my hire date to the time that I started with the other company. I talked to the owner, I talked to the HR director, I talked to EVERYONE I could and they were literally avoiding me. Well, then I found out that I was expecting on Nov 19th. At this point it was no longer me just trying to get insurance so that I could make sure I had it just in case. This was no longer about me, it was completely about this little one growing in me. Well, they eventually told me that I had to wait until Feb 1st because my hire date with the sister company wasn't until Oct 31st and it would cause too many legal issues. See, the whole thing would make sense if this was a normal company...but it's not. They hired a regional manager for out in Reno, NV and within 1 week he had his insurance card in hand and was seeing the dentist because he had a toothache. So it was really hard for me to not get somewhat hostile when they told me that it would create legal issues for me to have insurance even though at the time I had been with the company for 8 months! So having a toothache is more important than having a human growing inside of you?! It doesn't make sense....just proved more and more that this company is on the "good ole' boy network". 

Well, I finally accepted that I was going to have to wait until Feb 1st to get my insurance. I was trying to keep my life as unstressful as possible so that this little being wouldn't have any problems that I could help at that moment. So in Jan, I asked for my paperwork so that I could fill it out. I had been told that it would take 2 weeks for them to process my paperwork before I could get the insurance so I wanted to get a head start. Surprise, surprise! They wouldn't give me the paperwork because they were thinking about switching carriers. So I asked for both set of paperwork just so it wouldn't take any longer than it needed to be. The jokes on me again because they were considering 6 different carriers and wouldn't know until Feb 1st which one they were going to go with. So I would be eligible for insurance on Feb 1st, but would have to wait until they chose the carrier so that I could get my paperwork and THEN it would take 2 weeks to process the paperwork, and THEN there is no telling how long the wait is for new OBGYN patients. ESPECIALLY OBGYN patients that are already almost 5 months pregnant! So needless to say I was quite the bother...it was probably technically harassment by me calling the broker every single day to see if they had made their mind up about the insurance carrier yet. I told him that it wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't absolutely necessary for me to see the doctor for the baby. After some time and probably some pushing by me, they finally made up their mind and the broker said he would personally process my paperwork so I wouldn't have to wait 2 weeks. 

So this is what led me to my doctor's appointment. I chose a doctor that was not a Spanish speaking office because I didn't want to have any stress with language barriers. (That may not sound hard to do, but this eliminated over half of the offices here! This is Nevada after all!) So I chose a doctor that was close to where I live and called to make the appointment on Monday. The lady was surprised that I hadn't been to the doctor yet. She said that because I was so late in my pregnancy, she would have to check with the doctor to make sure that they could still take me in. She said she would call me back that same day. Tuesday goes by and no call. Half of Wednesday goes by and I call the office and ask for her. She asks me again why I haven't been to the doctor yet and I told her that I didn't have insurance until now. She said that she would still have to ask the doctor and call me back. On Thursday, I call again because I hadn't heard from her and she put me on hold to ask the doctor (which really annoyed me....I mean she had all week to do this! errr). When she got back on the phone she said that he would take me in! YAY! So I have a doctor's appointment on Feb 17th at 10am. And Brian gets to come with me! I'm really excited!

I no longer have the stress of not having insurance and not having a doctor....but now I have a little stress about the tests that they have to do. I mean....I'm supposedly 21-23 weeks pregnant or something like that. They don't know my exact due date because they haven't measured the baby because only a doctor can sign off on the measurements. Sooooooo, I will go to the doctor on the 17th...he will make me take a pregnancy test (which I think is stupid) and will check to make sure everything is ok. Then we will probably schedule the next appointments for blood work and all that jazz. It is a little nerve wracking because I just want everything to be perfect for her. I want her to be healthy and am already a little worry wart. ugh! But I am just praying and thanking God in advance for giving me this perfect beautiful little girl. I am trusting that He is in control of all things, and I have no reason to think that she is anything other than a beautiful, perfect, healthy little girl! Needless to say, Feb 17th can't come any faster! I will actually have a due date and the reassurance that everything is ok. And if everything isn't ok....then I can prepare and do whatever it takes to help her in any way that I can. I just love her so much and want the best for her!

So for those of you who are still reading....which I doubt anyone is because of my ramblings....prayer and good intentions are much appreciated here in Las Vegas for our baby girl!

I will keep you updated!

Love and Kisses!!
Kayla Jo

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for the little princess! I'm also very glad you got the insurance thing worked out. Leave it to you to find a solution. If anyone can do it, Kayla Jo can!

    ReplyDelete

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!