Monday, August 9, 2010

Babies Babies Babies!

I love baby showers! and Babies, and Pregnancy, and everything Baby related. Children are gifts. They are pure and simple. Yes, they can be crazy and obnoxious. Yes, they take up all of your time, money, freedom, blah blah blah. They are MIRACLES. They make you love them without even doing a thing. I have two cousins, and a bunch of my friends that are pregnant right now. I see them grow and post pictures and I follow them almost stalkerish. I don't mean to be creepy, but its so addicting. The miracle of a perfect little being growing inside of you. The love that you can have for someone who isn't even your child. Like the love I have for my niece and nephews, and my friend Ashley's son Geibriel, and my soon to be nephew from my friend Nikki. I look at what they have and I know it's hard. I see the struggles that Ashley and my sister go through when the kids are cooperating. I see the struggle Nikki has been going through with being sick and complications. It's scary and hard and emotional.....but perfect. I can't wait to have that same experience. To feel the kicks and hear the heartbeats. To celebrate birthdays and Christmases. To take pictures of silly faces and funny predicaments to send to my friends and family. To love that little one so unconditionally it feels like my heart will break in two from too much love. I long for that. So since I haven't been blessed to experience that yet, I celebrate it through all of my friends and family.

This weekend I am going to a baby shower for my frind Nikki. She is so bubbly and beautiful, even though she has been through quite a couple big storms lately. I can't wait to feel little man move in her. I can't wait to take pictures for her so that she can remember even moment. I can't wait to give her the scrapbook I have been working on for her so that she can record all the funny stories and pictures. I can't wait to give one of my best friends a HUGE hug when she picks me up from the airport. I can't wait to spend time with her laughing and cherishing these precious times. She is such a wonderful blessing to have in my life and I am SO excited I get to be a part of her baby shower.

So needless to say, I'm a little excited. I'm excited about seeing my dear friend. I'm excited about meeting her family who have been so kind to me. I'm excited to help make this day special. I'm excited to talk to little man and tell him that I can't wait to hold him and shower him with kisses. I'm excited about life.

Yep, you read that right. I am excited about LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!