Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rebecca Lynn

My mom was funny. She loved to laugh. I remember we would dance to Garth Brooks and eat cool whip like icecream. I remember sunday afternoon naps. I remember McDonalds every other friday. I remember her playing Lite Brite with me over and over and over. We would create animals and weird shapes. As long as she was playing with me I didn't care what we did.

I have mostly good memories of my mom. I know others have different experiences, but mine were mostly good. Today, however does not present the greatest memory. Today, 13 years ago, my mom did the most selfish act a human can make. Today is the day I found her. Today is the day she wouldn't wake up. It was the first day of a very long struggle. And it's a daily struggle for me. I don't know that my mom is in a better place. I don't know a lot of things. Normally I just gotta suck it up and keep trucking, but I think I'm allowed to have a day. Well, please be patient...today is my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!