Thursday, February 17, 2011

Doctor appt and ramblings haha

Went to the doctor today...YAY! Such an answer to prayer. He checked everything out- which I found out is even more awkward with my husband in the room than if I was alone- and he said that I seem healthy! They took about 11 vials of blood from me which made me a little dizzy but I should get the results back within a week or two. Not only did they do the normal prenatal work up, they also took blood to test my thyroid. The doctor said that I could have thyroid problems since I'm not gaining any weight. Then he was rude. I'm sure he didn't mean to be rude. I mean, you have to see this guy! He is literally my own Luigi. All he needs is the mustache and the green overalls and he is a spitting image! He is really tall and quite nerdy so I highly doubt that he meant to be very rude, but I was a little shocked at how blunt he was. He asked me if I had been gaining weight good or if I was having problems. I told him that I hadn't gained any weight...that I had actually lost 23 pounds total. I also told him that my belly seems to be getting progressively bigger at a normal rate but that my weight doesn't change. Then with his dorky self he said, "Oh, so you were pretty heavy when you got pregnant." I looked at Brian and then back at the doctor honestly a little shocked. I said, "I guess so.", and then there was just awkward silence. I mean, I know from a doctor's standpoint he wasn't being rude but geez people leave me alone! I'm not having twins and I'm not fat! I'm normal. I'm better than normal- I'm fantabulous. The baby and I are both healthy and my clothes are getting smaller and smaller. Those two things make me happy so buzz off! So yeah, I know he wasn't purposefully being rude but he came off a little out of whack.

Along with not gaining any weight I told him that I've been feeling really dizzy and I almost blacked out last Saturday. (another reason he checked my thyroid) He told me that its probably because I am dehydrated. Brian and I both laughed and the doctor gave us perplexed looks. I told the doctor there is NO way I can possibly be dehydrated. He told me that I am supposed to be drinking a gallon of water a day. I told him that I don't know if I was drinking a gallon, but that I know I drink over 2 liters. Well, when I got back to the office, looked at my water bottle and it holds 32 oz. I have to refill that water bottle 4 or 5 times a day- which is a gallon by itself- then when I get home I have a big water bottle that holds 1 liter which is almost 34 oz. I drink at least 1 of those before I go to bed. Then when I go to bed I refill the bottle and put it next to the bed. I wake up all during the night SO THIRSTY! So I drink a liter throughout the night (which makes me pee a lot too haha) So now that I know that I drink about a gallon and a half of water a day, I can tell him on my next visit. If my body is dehydrated after a gallon and a half of water, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with me. haha

Changing subjects completely-----
I have a skype date with Nikki today! We have been regularly setting skype dates and let me tell you it has DEFINITELY helped me with my loneliness issue here in Las Vegas. It's so nice to see her face and hear about how she is doing. I also get to see little Monster No Name which is amazing. He is getting so big! I can't wait to see him in March and give him hugs and kisses. I also can't wait to introduce my little girl to him since we are planning their lives together already. haha. Every time I talk to them I ask Axel if he is ready to meet his little girlfriend....so far I haven't gotten too crazy of a response...but he can't even walk or talk yet so I'm gonna give it some time. : ) I'm just excited to have my skype date with her and reconnect with people again. I get so crazy here doing the same thing every day.

Now, Nikki did get me into this website called Cafemom. I have enjoyed it so far. It's your own space dedicated to moms and their babies and the questions/concerns that we have. It's actually really nice to be able to go there and read other people's experiences and talk to people in similar situations as me. They have discussions of literally EVERYTHING you can imagine. And this site isn't just for moms...there are people who have joined the site who are trying to start their family and just have questions and concerns about what lies ahead of them if they do get pregnant. It is really comforting to know that I can ask a question or vent or voice a concern and someone has been through it or is going through it at the same time. I have tried to connect with some of the moms in my area...not creepy like I'm stalking them...but just trying to start conversations and they all fail. They will respond a couple times and then the conversation dies. Then you have to start all over with someone new. People are just really hard to connect with! I don't understand it. I like people. I like talking to people. I like making friends. But it seems that I'm alone in that desire I guess haha. I'm trying out a new church on Sunday so maybe I can connect with some people there. We will see.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh.. yay...i cant wait until monster and bean get married... LOL... (that is what we'll put on their invites...the parents of Bean so and so Taylor give their daughter to Monster no-name no-name... haha...)
    I also cant wait until our skype date. I love it. I miss you soooo much. I'm letting axel nap so that when we skype he'll be awake... like 45 minutes. WHAT NOW!?

    ReplyDelete

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!