Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Food Log

I have really low blood sugar. I always have. That's why I get cranky when I haven't eaten in a while....and why if I don't eat very soon after I get cranky, I get massive headaches and am terribly nauseated. And I love food! So it works out well. : ) The first 3 months of my pregnancy, I was nauseated all the time. I couldn't really eat very much. My diet consisted of rice and black beans, and smoothies. I lost 23 pounds. Now, that I am able to eat better, I have gained some of that weight back so I have only lost 16 pounds. I want to do whatever it takes to make sure that I am giving the baby all the nutrients that she needs. I started noticing, however, that every 2-3 hours I am getting really light headed. I figured out that it is because I need to eat....even if I may not necessarily be hungry. Because of this, I have stocked up on granola bars, and fresh fruit and veggies so that I can have snacks throughout the day. I have not been doing very good at eating throughout the day, so I decided to force myself to write it down so that I could help keep myself accountable. Also it will help me track how much water I have been drinking. My water bottle is 32 oz, so I just have to drink 4 of those in the day and I will be good! So far my "food log" looks like this:

7:00am Eat Peanut Butter waffles, drink glass of OJ, and take prenatal vitamin
8:00am Start on water bottle 1 of 4 for the day.
10:16am Finish water bottle 1 of 4. Start on 2 of 4.
10:44am Eat granola bar.....eat two actually : )
11:26am Finish water bottle 2 of 4. 1/2 a gal of water down! yessss
12:30pm Eat 1/2 burger, 6 tater tots, drink half of my cranberry limeade, and drink a small chocolate shake.

I have been instructed by the nurse at my doctor's office to drink a milkshake a day since I'm not getting enough calcium....I don't know if I can drink one every day but it sounded good today! Oh, and usually, I have been eating healthy lunches...salads and sandwiches etc, but I just really wanted a burger today so I indulged. So that leaves me with 1/2 gal water to drink, a healthy afternoon snack to eat, and a healthy dinner since my lunch was less than satisfactory. I think that's a possibility. It may also include going to the gym after work and walking, but judging on my exhaustion level right now I would venture to say that it is highly likely that I will NOT be going to the gym today. So I'm just tossing the idea up there to see if it will become a reality. It would be so much easier if I had a work out buddy...more accountability. Have you caught on that I like accountability? So we will see what the rest of the day holds.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!