Thursday, January 24, 2013

I don't believe in bad luck, but I think it believes in me.

This is how I feel.


I was pulling out of my parking spot. 7:00am. Not even 3 feet out of my parking spot, and not even going over 1 mph, suddenly WHACK!


My heart drops. My stomach feels instantly nauseated. Wake up, wake up, please wake up. This is just a bad dream. I just got in a wreck in December, I can't do this again. First - check on Ryot. Good, she is not crying. She is happily still drinking her chocolate milk. *Insert HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF here*
Ok Kayla, get out of the car.
Oh. My. Word. My entire bumper is gone. This SERIOUSLY can NOT be happening.





The guy gets out of the car frustrated and irate. "I don't have time for this. I'm late. I really don't have time for this. I have to be on the other side of town."
What I think (in a sarcastic thought tone) 'I'm fine. My baby is fine. Thank you so much for your concern. UGH'
What I say, "Ok, can I have your information?"

The girl gets out of the car and makes a call. She is frustrated too and tells whoever she is on the phone with, "I'm so sorry, we are going to be late. We just hit someone."

I get his information and his company's information. As I'm writing it down he says "Oh, you have a baby. That's cool." What? What part of this is cool? You just slammed into my car and me having a baby is cool? They are in so much of a hurry that they leave. Still in shock. I hear Ryot crying and I panick. But she isn't hurt, she is just tired of sitting in her car seat when I am outside of the car. OH CRAP, the CARSEAT. ERRRRR Now I have to go buy ANOTHER one. That is incredibly frustrating.

Looks like the car is still driveable. I just have to get the bumper off. But I can't reach the screws. My screwdriver is too long. But I have to call the insurance. and Coral. and Brian. Well, no I don't have to call Brian. Well, yes I do have to call Brian because Ryot was in the car. Oh, and my work I need to call them too. Ok, call insurance and text both Coral and Brian. I still have time to call my work afterwards. Work, I have to go to work. And move. I was supposed to go sign my new lease today. And get the paperwork ready for the government assistance I now need. And figure out how this whole divorce thing is going to work out. My stomach grumbles. I need to eat. When was the last time I ate? I don't remember. How can I not remember? I'm really not hungry anyway...

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Not a good morning.

    But...I just want to remind you that none of this changes who you are. Or Whose you are. You are still just as beautiful, intelligent, talented, gifted, and fearfully and wonderfully made as you were before any bad thing ever happened to you. Except the "bad" things have a way of sanding off the rough edges and polishing us until we shine..until Jesus can be seen shining through. I love how the bad stuff backfires on the enemy of our souls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry it was such a rough day! I hope your week gets better from here.....but know that I'm praying for you and I love you!

    ReplyDelete

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!