Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful November: Day10-12: Home, Veterans(Dustin) and Coral

Thankful Novemeber Day 10 - A Home

I know this is something that I all too often take for granted. I have moved a lot...A LOT. I was born in Arizona but I don't really count this because my family located when I was only 2 weeks old. So minua Arizona when I was a wee babe, I have moved in the following pattern:

San Antonio, Tx
Niceville, Fl
Pensacola, Fl (1 semester college)
Lawton, Ok
Colorado Springs, CO (3 months)
Lawton, Ok
Niceville, Fl (1 summer)
Lawton, Ok
Las Vegas, NV
Pearland, TX
And in January I will be moving back to Colorado Springs for however long God has my family there...I'm hoping in at least a couple years!!!

I haven't really settled somewhere and felt like it was "home sweet home". I don't know if I will ever get there. I am willing to go anywhere the Lord leads so we will see what happens. For now, I am thankful for a place to rest my head at night. A place to make memories with my family. A place to decorate with my sense of "organized chaos" and major lack of real interior design. Even if it doesn't look like it is a snap shot from a magazine like my sister's beautiful home, it is my home. It is a nice place of refuge where I don't have to wear matching pants, or pants at all. It is a place I can be completely lazy or productive or exercise without anyone watching. It is my home, and I am so thankful.

Day 11 - Veterans

I will have to make this one short because no one wants to read my novel. I am so incredibley grateful for the sacrifices that our military make so that I can experience a life of freedom. I think about acquaintances, close friends and family members who selflessly serve. I think about the ones who have died fighting for a cause bigger than themselves. I think about the holidays, birthdays and special moments they miss. I think about the battle scars both physical and emotional that they endure.

I think about my brother, Dustin.

When he was deployed, I would pray every day for his safety. I would cry missing him. I would glow when I would talk about how proud of him I am. I don't know what all he went through. I don't know the depth of what it's like to be told when and where and what and how you can act or be. I don't know all of the horrible things he saw or had to do. I don't have to know or even really want to know, if I'm being honest. But I do know that I am so proud to call him my brother and so thankful for his service in the US Marine Corps.

Day 12 - My Big SistaFACE

Today is my sister's 29th birthday.......right sista??? ;) So in honor of her day of birth, today I am thankful for her!
How do I love thee?? Let me count the ways...
Ok, I'm not a poet, but I will tell you 6 of the MANY reasons why I love my big sister.
1)Her BRAINS. She is so smart. Anything I have a question about I ask her. If she doesn't know the answer she will find it. She can research ANYTHING. It's very convenient for me. So thanks, sister, for being so smart!
2)Her LAUGH. She really is funny. She doesn't tell too many jokes because Patrick usually is really witty and jumps in, but when she does it is the cutest thing in the world! She tells a joke and the explosion of laughter that follows is priceless, and really is actually funny! I love it. Thanks, sister, for making me laugh.
3)Her GIVING HEART. She is always buying things for Ryot and will surprise me with little gifts every now and then. She has helped me and my family tremendously and I don't think I can EVER pay her back. I really love her for that. She really exemplifies Jesus and an attitude of service that I admire. Thank you, sister, for your sacrifices.
4)Her MOMMYNESS. She is a GREAT mom. I learned SO much about parenting, both the highlights and struggles from her. She loves her kids and has such structure and order that provides the safe and secure environment that children need. Caedi, Sean, and Gabe amaze me everyday and it just shows the time and effort that Coral puts into shepherding their hearts and really raising them. She has the perfect balance of cool mom, loving disciplanrian, smart teacher, encouraging cheerleader, nurturing nurse and a great example of God's love.
5)Her GORGEOUSNESS. From top to bottom, she is tall, blonde, and beautiful. Even on the days that she is just wearing sweatpants, she looks good. Patrick is one lucky mister! She looks better in her pj's than I do on Sunday morning. HAHA. I don't know how she does it. She has great style (some is not my style but I admire is all the same) She can put things together and match things that I woould have never thought. Sometimes she looks like she should be on the cover of a magazine. She can do things with her hair that looks professional and she makes it look SO EASY! My poor child is lucky to have pony tails that are the same height on her head. I don't know how she does it but I'm proud (a little self-conscious sometimes, but still proud) to stand by her side. Thanks, sister, for taking pride in how you look and really taking care of your temple. You look GREAT!
This brings me to number 6)Her LOVE for the LORD. She loves the Lord. There is no doubt about it. Her faith shines through everything she does and says. She is constantly pointing me to Christ for guidance and encouraging me in the things that I feel God is calling me to do. I love the example she is of Christ's love for her kids, friends and family. She is loving, patient, encouraging, kind, sometimes the iron that sharpens iron when I need it and well-versed in scripture. She battles life's bumps with the "sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" (Eph 6:17b)
Thank you, sister, for being a light that shines brightly for God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!