Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankful November Days 6 & 7: Emotion and Chocolate


Thankful November Day 6- Capability of Emotion

I know this seems like a vague choice but it is one I am truly thankful for everyday. I am a people watcher. No, not a stalker. I'm just interested in how people think and react to one another. One of my favorite things to do is to take my journal, some good music, a nice warm cup of coffee and sit outside with a breeze at a park and just watch the world collide. I don't get to do that anymore but thats because I am busy watching my sweet angel face light up and explore which is gratifying on a whole better level. However, when we go out to eat as a family or when I have a chance to just sit back and observe I love to see the joy, sadness, stress, laughter, professionalism, suprise and just the business of the day happen. It puts my world into a different perspective. It helps me be grateful on a daily basis.

I am thankful for laughter. My husband is the BEST. He makes me laugh EVERYDAY. I've always said that if you can get a girl to laugh, you can get her to do anything. It was one of the factors that won me over. In fact, laughter is a major component in the relationships that I have the fondest memories of. My little big Cuz has me crying-laughing almost every single time I talk to her. My Bestie, my SW, my Jelly Bean, my Angel, my kiddos, my coworkers and some other relationships have the ability to laugh at themselves and make me laugh almost every time we speak. So grateful for laughter. It brightens up my life!

I am thankful for a healthy dose of fear that keeps me safe and grounded.

I am thankful for sadness because it is motivating. It helps me release stress, motivates me to be better and do better and it puts into perspective what I AM grateful for verses what I have to live without. My heart is broken for a lost nation. My heart is broken when my daughter is sick. I feel sad sometimes when I think about my mom not being here but then it motivates me to be a better mom and give my daughter the love that I desired from my mom growing up.

I am thankful for anger because it shows my passion and helps me keep my heart in check. When I get angry I can ask myself why I am angry and if it is righteous or sinful? I get angry that abortion rampant in our generation. I get angry when some people belittle me or treat me wrong at work. Anger helps check my response to see where my heart is.

I'm thankful for emotion because it means we are LIVING. Whether we agree with the emotion. Whether we are angry, happy, afraid or in deep sorrow, we are still feeling soemthing. We have been blessed with a wide range of emotions.


Thankful November Day 7- Chocolate

Mmmmmmmm I love chocolate. I really view it as one of God's gifts to mankind. I am not going to elaborate on this subject because there really is no need to. I think that in a lot of situations for all of the emotions listed above, chocolate is the answer. Dark Chocolate, most of the times, White Chocolate, rarely, but either way, CHOCOLATE. I love it. Brownies, chocolate candy, chocolate syrup, chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, chocolate icing, chocolate ice cream, chocolate eclairs and other pastries, chocolate shakes and malts, chocolate cheesecake and so on. It's delicious and life would be rather dull without it. I hope I don't randomly develop an allergy to the stuff, I would probably cry.

On that note, I'm going to go home and try to find something in my pantry that is choccolate and devour it. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!