Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankful November Days 24-26: Transportation, Mail, Christmas

Thankful November Day 24: Transportation

I'm glad I don't have to walk everywhere. I really do like walking and I think that America would be less obese without so many ways to be lazy, but it is nice to not have to ride a horse across country for months and months. I can get to Colorado in a couple hours. I can drive from Pearland to Kemah in just 45 minutes instead of having to walk for hours to get here. I am so thankful for my car with A/C and music to help pass the drive time. I am so thankful for boats to go skiing, tubing and pontooning (floatin in slow motion) and fishing. I mean, I have only been fishing a handful of times and don't really consider it a hobby but I can if I want to. I'm just REALLY REALLY thankful for my car, honestly.

Day 25: Mail

Here's the mail, it never fails.
It makes me want to wag my tail.
When it comes I want to wail - Mail!
Oh, Blues Clues...

I love getting mail. I love getting packages in the mail...for me or Ryot, I don't care. I don't even care if its junk mail. I just like opening the mail box and seeing that I have stuff to look through. I think it's the fact that it is something new in my repititive day to day activities. Of course I like getting personalized mail, but anything in that little metal slot with my name on it is fantastic.

Day 26: Christmas

I love Christmas. I love the lights, the trees, the Christmas carols, the colors, the sparkles, the cheer, the gratitude, the elfs, the reindeers, the snowmen, the jingle bells, the hot chocolate, the fireplace fires, the warm blankets, the cuddling, the misteltoe, the get togethers, the presents, the festive treats, the traditions, the smiles, the cold weather, the different smells, and so so so much more.






My FAVORITE thing about Christmas is that Jesus was born. This is not "Xmas" and I do not say Happy Holidays. It is the day that Jesus was born into the world. A great King introduced to us in a manger.

I won't really expound on this because I'm sure December will be full of Christmas rants and raves. But I am SO thankful for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!