Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful November Days 14-18: Behind the curve!

Thankful November Day 14 - Pictures

"Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still." - Dorothea Lange

I love taking pictures. I have loved taking pictures since I can remember. I want to capture every moment. I want Ryot to have pictures of us together I want to be able to show her pictures of when she was little. I love capturing the posed and the unposed. I am a definite Mamarazzi. Looking at pictures gives me an experience kindred to the Butterfly Effect. No, I'm not trasported back in time and altering the future, but it is like I get to experience it all over again. Yes, I look at the bad hair or clothing style. I look at the weight changes, some I'm happy with and some I'm not. I am my worst critic. But most of the time I can just remember the memory and smile that I got to experience such fun and precious moments.

Day 15 - Blankets

I am so thankful for blankets. Even if it is hot outside, there is something amazing about being wrapped up in blankets like a cacoon.

Ok, maybe not like that. I do have to admit, however, that one of my favorite times of the day is to crawl in bed with a heap of blankets consuming me while laying on my hubby's chest. Ah, only 73 more days until this can once again be my reality.

Day 16 - Being Clean

I am so grateful for personal hygiene products and showers. This one made the list because I really am thankful for it and I realize that some don't know what a great gift and luxury this is. When you spend hours, days and weeks of your life with someone who has never heard of deodorant, you will really begin to appreciate it. I'm thankful my husband has good hygiene too. No smelly BO to deal with. :) for that I am truly thankful to God for such a bleesing. The only thing that I can say on this that might be weird is I don't like the actual "act" of getting clean. I don't like taking a shower and having to do my hair and make up and getting ready. I don't like the feeling of wet hair on my shirt. I don't like being cold then warm in the shower then back to being cold when I get out. But these are all first world problems that really don't bother me. Just not my favorite thing ever. But I DO love being clean and looking and smelling pretty. Don't worry, there's no bad BO here.

Day 17- Seasons

I am so thankful for different seasons. It is funny to me that when it has been cold for a couple months, or weeks depending on where you live, we are wishing that it would warm up. However, when it is warm for "long enough" we are wishing for it to be cooler. Then we spend the Spring and Fall months sick because of the weather changes. haha! MY favorite season is definitely summer. I don't consider myself "fashioable" and the different scarves, accessories, and boots are all a bit overwhelming to me. I very much prefer a cute sundress and flip flops. Or a tank top, jeans and flip flops. Or a swimsuit and flip flops. Pretty much anything with flip flops. I don't mind that it gets really hot. I'm not a big fan of the humidity, but I don't mind the heat at all.

I am so thankful for the changing of the seasons. I think it gives us a variety smells, sights, feelings, etc. I know that it is a blessing from God in a very repetitive world. I am thankful for the cold becuase it helps me appreciate the heat more.

Day 18 - Technology

I am so grateful for advanced technology. I can write in this blog. I can talk to my friends on my cell phone. I can listen to music in my car or while I'm running. I can skype with my family and see my husband's face while we are apart. I can take pictures to preserve memories. I can record Ryot's faces and movements and singing to watch at a later time. I can watch a movie when I want to chill. I can listen to the radio while I clean my house. Life would be a bit dull without all of these perks.


So yes, I was a bit behind the curve. Heaven forbid life get in the way. :) I am working on Day 19 as you read this! It's a good one so I want to put a lot of thought into it. Love and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah...Tell me what you think!